Wednesday, July 30, 2008

RE: Application with Fabewriters


Vic,
 
Thanks a lot for the nice email reply. For writers like us, it uplifts the spirit. But I have to keep on surviving as a writer so that my "fighting" form will still be around to write and think creatively (in your words, "out of the box")...a fighting spirit. Did I get you right...P50.00 per article of 400 words?
That is just about $1.10. Can You not up the ante?
       As for my taxi anecdotes, may I suggest if you don't mind. What about putting a regular column on my taxi stories similar to the Philippine Version of the "gimikero" FHM? That is more
duable and practical if you are putting up a magazine in the USA or Philippines. My taxi stories will give your magazine an inducement for intended customers to buy it considering the explosive and sensational matters which I have gathered for the past 5 years of riding a cab in the Philippines. In fact, if you have a movie director or movie screen writer, we can make it into a movie?
       If you reconsider the amount of your price per article, I will call on the muse to inspire me to write more "out-of-the-box" articles. Otherwise, I can hardly get to the MRT Line for a quick ride to my interview appointments.
        Thanks a lot. Hope for your reply.
 
Jun C.
 

> Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:41:57 +0100
> From: apply@fabewriters.com
> To: concepcionmanuel@hotmail.com
> Subject: Application with Fabewriters
>
> Hi Manny,
>
> We have vacant position for Part Time writers only.
>
> I liked your articles. I have considered you as a part time writer.
>
> Our rate per article is Php 50.00
>
> An article should have 400 words and should accompany pictures.
>
> Please email your articles to magazine@fabewriters.com
>
> Your submission of your book about taxi cabs is interesting. Since you
> ride taxi cabs a lot, I'd like you to do an article about taxi
> drivers, do an interview with them. You can ask about anything under
> the sun. If you can picture them, that it would be great since our
> readers are visual in nature. They like to see pictures alongside the
> articles. So everytime you ride a cab, just interview the driver and
> make an article about it. Don't forget to take a picture of the driver
> just tell them you write for an online magazine.
>
> Please make 10 articles. Deadline is in 1 week. After this, I'll email
> your next assingment.
>
> If you have a bank account, please send me your account number so I
> can just deposit your fee on it. Usually, it takes about 1 1/2 months
> for the crediting of the payments, but if I find your articles to be
> genuine, then your payment will be credited as early as 1 week after
> submission. We can also send your payment through Western Union.
>
> If you have any concerns, please email me at fabevic@yahoo.com. This
> is my direct email add.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Vic Fabe
>
>



With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.

No comments: