Sunday, August 3, 2008

Food from the (Greek) Gods

I'm a self-proclaimed adventure-eater. Being a Filipino, balut and other uncanny or domesticated animal or even insect doesn't seem exotic to anymore. After trying various foreign cuisines my palette tired of them and craved for something new... And then late last year a friend of mine introduced me to Cyma.

Souvlakia souvlaki, mezedes, orektika, midia achnista me krasi... Looking at the menu for the very first time, I could honestly say, "it's all Greek to me". Reading the menu aloud sounded like tongue twisters. But after getting a serving of all of the above,  my tongue wasn't at all twisted—it was pleased. My taste buds didn't just experience new flavors, it did a little dance, jumped up and down with glee and said "opa!"--a word the Greeks say while beaming with joy as they celebrate.


Cyma is a Greek restaurant, which has its roots in the shores of a very Filipino destination: Boracay. It soon branched out to Manila, giving us city-dwellers new dishes to enjoy and a new restaurant where eating in is tantamount to celebrating life.


If Zeus would order up a feast in Mount Olympus , he'd definitely get Cyma to cater! I'd suggest that he order his tables be filled with my favorites: Roka Salata, a salad that excites the senses with candied walnuts and shaved parmesan; Greek shish-kabobs made of lamb, chicken and beef; and Hirine Brizola, the chunkiest, juciest pork chops cut ¾ of an inch.

 

Visit www.cymarestaurants.com to get a glimpse of what you're missing out on. Or even better be an adventure eater yourself and trot off to Trinoma, Greenbelt 2 or Shangri-la Edsa and give yourself something to say "OPA!" over.

 

photo source:

http://www.cymarestaurants.com/curbside.htm


No comments: